Hockey Staycation Sweepstakes
Semerra proudly presents
“Hockey Staycation Sweepstakes”
Get ready for an exciting night out! Like and follow our Facebook & Linkedin Pages for a chance to win 2 tickets to watch the Vegas Golden Knights play the Edmonton Oilers & 1 night for you and a guest at the fabulous JW Marriott Hotel located in the Ice District!
Contest opens on November 7th 2023 at 6pm MST and closes on November 26th 2023 at 6pm MST. To Enter, Like & follow our Facebook & Linkedin Pages, read the OFFICIAL RULES and complete the entry form.
THESE RULES ARE THE STANDARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO THE “HOCKEY STAYCATION SWEEPSTAKES” (THE “CONTEST”) ADMINISTERED BY “SEMERRA” THE CONTEST IS INTENDED TO BE CONDUCTED IN THE PROVINCE OF BRITISH COLUMBIA, ALBERTA, AND SASKATCHEWAN ONLY AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE CANADIAN LAW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. VOID IN WHOLE OR IN PART WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW. ENTRY IN THE CONTESTS CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
To be eligible to enter the Contest, an individual must:
· Be a legal resident of, and the age 18 or older in, the province of British Columbia, Alberta and Saskatchewan;
· Be an active member in the Western Canadian Energy Sector, whereas you are an employer, employee, or a contractor that is located in either BC, AB or SK and actively working in the Western Canadian Energy Sector or working with a company or organization that directly supports the Western Canadian Energy Sector.
· Be available to attend the hockey game on November 28th 2023 at Rogers Place located at 10220 104 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5J 0H6 in the ice district at 7:00pm MST.
· Be available to travel and have your own means of transportation to attend the hockey game on November 28th 2023 at Rogers Place located at 10220 104 Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5J 0H6 in the ice district at 7:00pm MST.
The following individuals are not eligible to enter the Contest:
· Individuals that are not 18 years or older; located anywhere outside of the provinces of BC, AB or SK, any individual that is not working as an employer, employee, or a contractor that is located in the locations stated and actively working and contributing in the Western Canadian Energy Sector or working with a company or organization that directly supports the Western Canadian Energy Sector; which is defined as; crude oil, natural gas, oil sands, and coal resources, and an extensive pipeline network that moves these resources to markets. The eligible applicant is working for an OiI & Gas Producer or working for a company that directly provides services to an Oil & Gas producer.
· Related advertising and promotional agencies and Contest prize providers (all such entities being individually and collectively referred to hereafter as the “Sponsors”);
The Sponsors shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Contests. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to the Sponsors for the purpose of the Contests must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply information that does not meet these requirements.
2. CONTEST PERIODS.
· The Contest entry period (a “Contest Period”) shall start at 6:00pm MST on Tuesday, November 7th, 2023, and end at 6:00 pm MST on Sunday, November 26th, 2023, as announced on “Semerra” Facebook & Linkedin Social Media Platforms, after which time the Contest will be closed and no other entries shall be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER.
· There is no purchase necessary to enter the Sweepstakes. To enter, like and follow “Semerra” on the Facebook company page as well as the Linkedin company page.
· Facebook https://www.facebook.com/semerra/ and;
· Linkedin https://ca.linkedin.com/company/semerra
· Fill out the entry form with your name, company, title & contact information on the contest page link http://www.semerra.com/semerra-hockey-staycation-sweepstakes/
· Entries must be received prior to the end of a Contest’s applicable Contest Period to be eligible for entry into that Contest.
· Limit of one (1) entry per person per Contest Period. Limit of one (1) entry per family. In the case of multiple entries, only the first eligible entry will be considered.
· Entries received online shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address or social media account associated with the entry, as applicable. For the purposes of these Contest Rules, “authorized account holder” of an e-mail address or social media account is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address or social media account by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, social media platform or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or social media accounts for the domain or account associated with the submitted e-mail address or social media account. Each selected entrant may be required to provide “Semerra” with proof that the selected entrant is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address or social media account associated with the winning entry.
4. CONTEST PRIZE VALUE & DETAILS.
· The Contest prize is valued at over Eight Hundred Canadian dollars ($800.00 CDN) and shall be announced and described on the social media platform(s) and/or the Contest Website at the beginning of the Contest Period. Winners shall not be entitled to receive the difference between the actual prize value and the approximate prize value, if any.
One (1) prize will be awarded that includes:
1. Two (2) tickets to the Edmonton Oilers hockey game at Rogers Place on Tuesday November 28, 2023 at 7 pm MST.
2. One night stay at the JW Marriott in the Edmonton Ice District for the winner and their guest.
· Winners will be contacted by the Sponsors with instructions on how to claim the prize.
· Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsors. Any unused portion of a prize will be forfeited and have no cash value. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a prize (or any portion thereof) cannot be awarded for any reason.
· Shipped prizes shall not be insured and the Sponsors shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected prizes.
5. WINNER SELECTION.
· Following the end of the applicable Contest Period, “Semerra” will select one (1) entrant by a random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period, unless otherwise indicated. Each entrant shall be eligible to win only one (1) prize. The odds of being selected as a potential winner are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received for the Contest. Any remaining entries will not be carried over for entry in the next Contest.
· Before being declared a winner, the selected entrant(s) shall be required to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail, to comply with these Contest Rules and may be required to sign and return the Release (described below).
· If the selected entrant does not respond within the prescribed timeline set out in the notification, they will be disqualified and will not receive a prize and another entrant may be selected (as determined by “Semerra” in its sole discretion) until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. The Sponsors are not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsors to receive a selected entrant’s response.
· If, as a result of an error relating to the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of a Contest, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Contest Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible prize claimants to award the correct number of prizes.
(and if applicable, any guest of the winner) may be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms their: (i) eligibility for the Contest and compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) acceptance of the prize as offered; (iii) release of the Sponsors, if applicable, any social media platform, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and (iv) grant to the Sponsors of the unrestricted right, in the Sponsors’ collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, display, publish, convert, post, serve, broadcast, exhibit, distribute, adapt, and otherwise use or re use the submitted Work, their name, image, likeness, comments, voice and/or biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised in connection with publicity related to the Contest. The executed Release(s) must be returned within two (2) business days of the
date indicated on the accompanying letter of notification or verification as a winner, or the selected entrant will be disqualified and any prize will be forfeited.
7. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT.
By entering a Contest, each entrant releases, indemnifies and holds the Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrants or any other person, including personal injury, exposure to the COVID-19 virus, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (a) their participation in the Contest or any Contest-related activity; (b) the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize; or (c) any breach of the Contest Rules. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify the Releasees from any and all claims made by third parties relating to the
entrant’s participation in the Contest, without limitation.
8. LIMITATIONOF LIABILITY.
The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry. The Sponsors are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest. The Sponsors assume no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including reasons beyond the control of the Sponsors, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest and/or the Contest Platform.
9. By participating in a Contest, each entrant agrees to be bound by the Contest Rules. Entrants further agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsors, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest, the Contest Page, or any related promotional website; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any the Sponsor’s property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST PLATFORM OR ANY RELATED SOURCE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If applicable, winners (and guests, if applicable) must at all times behave appropriately when taking part in the prize and observe the Contest Rules and any other rules or regulations in force at any prize-related locations, including but not limited to any COVID-19 requirements in force. The Sponsors reserve the right to remove from any prize-related locations, any winner and/or guest who breaks such rules and/or
fails to behave appropriately and to disqualify such winner and/or guest. Any disqualified winner (and/or guest, if applicable) will forfeit any un-awarded elements of the prize.
10. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. By participating the Contest, each entrant: (i) grants to the Sponsors the right to use their personal information provided when they enter the Contest and the Work (if applicable) (collectively the “Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the winners and coordinating the provision of the Contest prize; (ii) grants to the Sponsors the right to use their Personal Information for publicity and promotional purposes relating to the Contest in any and all media without further compensation unless prohibited by law; and (iii) acknowledges that the Sponsors may disclose their Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers of the Sponsors in connection with any of the activities listed in (i) and/or (ii) above. “Semerra” will use each entrant’s Personal Information only for identified purposes, and protect each entrant’s Personal Information.
11. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are the property of their respective owners and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
“Semerra ”reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate any Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend a Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
13. These are the official Contest Rules. The Contests are subject to applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsors and/or the Contests. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Contest Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and the Sponsors in connection with the Contests shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario including procedural provisions without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws.
14. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY.
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, including but not limited to the Contest entry form, or point of sale, television, print or online advertising, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by any social media platforms on which the Contest may have been promoted and/or publicized. Participants are required to; (a) fully release and hold (Meta) & (Linkedin) harmless from liability, and (b) acknowledge that the promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with (Meta) or (Linkedin). Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to “Semerra”.